Today I went out to City to sing karaoke with my Hong Kong friends. It is such a nice experience. In there, I challenge myself to sing Cantonese songs, something that I would not do one year ago.
Everyone changes over time, I believe I should too. I should not let something that I don't know become an obstacle for me to try it. This time, I really throw everything I know instead of keeping them deep inside my heart. In this way, one can train their confidence as well as acquire a new skill, for my case, a dialect.
I wondering, why I never try to learn to speak Cantonese while I was younger. Come on, I am from Kuala Lumpur, a place where majority of the Chinese speak Cantonese as the main dialect apart from Mandarin. It is a shame that I could not even complete a sentence before that. Nevertheless, it's always not too late to start learning.
So people, let's learn something that we always wanted to, don't waste the opportunity. It is never too late to start learning new things!
2 comments:
hehe... i should start think of challenge myself with something NEW!
haha.. never too old to learn new stuffs... I support you!
Post a Comment