Thursday, March 12, 2009

Award Ceremony

Before I start this article, I must stress that the purpose that I write this article is not to boast myself or contains any other means to say that I am good. I am writing this just to share my feeling about the ceremony. If you feel otherwise, please refrain from reading the following article. Thanks.

The Name Tag

I am indeed surprised and honoured to be invited to receive the Dean's Award for the Faculty of Engineering this year. Come on, people who know me well for the past year know what kind of person I am. I watch movie, drama series and sleep a lot. In lecture, I don't seems to be paying a lot of attention also. Falling asleep is like my second job while in lecture. Therefore, when I received the mail inviting me to this award presentation, I was totally stunned. There are so many more smart people out there, why me?

Inside the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA) before the ceremony

Yesterday the ceremony was finally held. It is the first western style formal ceremony that I ever attended. Needless to say, I was very impressed by the way the ceremony going. It is so smooth and without glitches. It is indeed a wonderful experience shared together with one of my best friends in Sydney, Leon who is also receiving the Dean's Award. It is such a wonderful feeling to share this happiness together.

Leon and me after the presentation ceremony

After the ceremony, it was followed by the light refreshment. Finally, the scene that I only get to watch in movie is presented well in front of me. Champagne, red and white wine, juices and waiter serving food around the foyer. People chatting around, taking photos and making interaction with different people. There is no separation of classes. The VIP can easily interact with students without any barrier in between. There is no special zone separated for the VIP, I kinda love this kind of idea.

Leon and me with the Head of School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering

Maybe some of you out there will think this is nothing, you have been through this for countless of time. But for me, it is something big and new. I will treat this as an experience of a lifetime, as I would never aim for this kind of award again next year. Just pure luck.

A group photo with my JPA's Seniors whom I met for the first time and together with our advisor, Pn Haslina.

2 comments:

yk@eunice said...

Congrats! keep up your good work!

Jason said...

Thank you yin kia..