Friday, October 24, 2008

Year 1

Today is the final day for semester 2, which is also the final day of my first year in university. Rather than happy, as holiday is not far away, I spent my afternoon shopping for groceries for the next 2 weeks, where exam is gonna be held and in the end, spark a mixture of different feelings.

While on the bus, I thought of a lot of things. Now, first year is over, what had I achieved? I really hope I had learn some new skills that I do not know before. Yes, in a way I did. How about other things, like social skills? Have I become more sociable? For the past 8 months, I spent a lot of time in my room, rather than go out and have fun or play with friends. Why? Maybe my network is too small, now I can only put my hope in second year to make a change.

Well, people say first year is like a transition from high school to university life. There are lots of uncertainty out there, so we must be brave in facing these changes. Also, first year is the easiest year in university, therefore, one must make good use of the time in first year to try out different new things, especially for people like me, who come to a foreign country to study. Have I achieve that? Partially, maybe.

Of course, the next thing is time to say goodbye to friends. This feeling is different, last time, we can easily meet our friends as we all live in the same country, same city, even same residential area. This time around, my friends are from all over the world. During holiday, we won't be able to see each other for quite a long time. This then of course, will be a change too, as now I can go back and meet my old friends. :-)

Ok. Don't want to write too long. About time to cook dinner. Wish me luck in the exam. See ya!

No comments: