
Wait a minute... I thought I stay in Sydney? True, but I didn't really explore Sydney after the Easter Break. Maybe because exploring the city alone can't really bring my interest alive. So, I just put the plan on hold. Until...
My friend, Wei Chuan from Brisbane came to visit Sydney. Good for him, I just finish my Physics paper (last paper) that afternoon. Haha... I grab this opportunity to be a tour guide cum visitor to Sydney. It will be a long story, so I will split into a few posts.
Firstly, you can't miss the night view of Sydney Harbour if you just arrive. Nothing much, just the view. Hehe... Then, I tried out the ferry. Mind you, this is the first time I take ferry at night. OMG, it is damn cold. Freezing!!! Anyway, nice experience.
The next day, we go and do something quite crazy, at least in the eyes of my friends. We try out the Bondi-Coogee Coastal Walk. Very tiring, imagine walking 7km along the coastal. Uphill and downhill. But the view is spectacular. There are a lot of place that you can't see if you just visit the beach. It took us about 3 hours to complete the walk. The good thing is, it is winter. Therefore, I am not sweating. Lol..
We walk and walk, even have to pass by a cemetery. Just beside the cemetery, lay the most spectacular coastal walk in the entire journey. We are just beside the edge of the cliff, prevented from falling by the bar. Wow! It is just amazing.
Then we continue our day around Darling Harbour and finally off to celebrate Sheng Yu's birthday.
The following day we go and visit the National Maritime Museum. We boarded a destroyer and a submarine to visit them. I have never imagined that I have the chance to be in a real submarine before until that day. Although submarine look awesome from outside, it is actually punishing if one is to work inside it. The area in a submarine is like gold, every space counts. Therefore, crew members have to work within a limited space and I mean it, really limited. I will let the photos tell the story.
When boarded the destroyer, conditions change totally. Suddenly, it looks so spacious with plenty of spaces for the crew to move around compare to the submarine. Again, just let the photos tell the story.
Then, we visit the replica of the Captain James Cook ship, Endeavour to see the ship Cook used to discover Australia. It is small and cramp inside, but that's a big ship some 300 years ago. Hehe..
The day continues with a trip to Sydney Fish Market. My first visit. Over there, I get to try the fresh seafood. We have Salmon, fish chips, calamari and last but not least, raw oysters. Never try raw seafood before, that was the first time. Luckily I found the taste of raw oysters with lemon acceptable for me. Nice new experience.
One new experience is coming. Hehe.. Star City. My next stop. We get ourselves register and go in and play. Well, to people that's still don't have a clue, Star City is the only licensed casino in New South Wales. Haha.. They give me AUD $10 for joining their club, and I used that as modal to play. Wow, now I understand why people love gambling, if you bring a lot of monies into casino, you might stuck in there forever until your money is finished. Haha.. I tried my luck on the machine and managed to win some small monies then quickly escape from casino before stuck in there and lost all the winnings. Lol..
We finish off the day with a visit to Sydney Observatory. Well, this is my second visit after my first visit was ruined by the clouds in the sky. Thank god, the weather is clear enough that night to allow us to view stars and planets through telescope. We get to see stars and cluster of stars. The guide also let us sees the Alpha Centauri.
Why am I mentioning this particularly? I knew that Alpha Centauri is a binary star system, but since it is too far away, our eyes treat them as a single star. Only through telescope we can see they are actually 2 different stars orbiting around each other. That's why they are called binary system. That night, I actually able to see that 2 stars. Knowing something theoretically is one thing, seeing them with your own eyes is another. Lastly, we also get to see Jupiter which is high on the night sky that night and its satellites. This time, the trip is well worth its cost compare to last time.
That's it for part 1. Thanks.



No comments:
Post a Comment