Sunday, March 16, 2008

Starting To Blend Into Sydney's Life

Wow, I have been in Sydney for 2 weeks already. Time flies. The first week in university reminds me of the life in Singapore where they also practice the lecture and tutorial system. Thus, it is not a big shock for me. However, being in a new environment where the people here are native speakers of English, it took me quite a while before be able to catch up with some of the words they say. Still, I found this a wonderful experience. I will try my best to survive through all the troubles that are in my way. Ha ha..


Now, off the serious topic. It's time for some fun. I have been to the most famous beach in Sydney, Bondi Beach. The view here is incomparable to all the beaches in Malaysia. I have never seen a beach with such beautiful scenery. With the wind blowing strongly on my face, I really have the surge of feeling that I do not want to leave the place. It is really nice.. But, the water is so cold until I wonder how the people can swim so happily inside. It must be that they already be able to tolerate this kind of temperature.

Bondi Beach in my background


Scenic View

Waves...


Lots of people..


Apart from that, I have seen the night of Sydney as well. It is indeed very different from Kuala Lumpur. After night, the streets are like deserted. It's kind of scary to walk alone in night. Nevertheless, it is quite safe to walk along the street. Ha ha..

Deserted Street at Cirqular Quay, main tourist spot at 8.30 pm

View of Harbour Bridge at night

View of Sydney Opera House at night

Me with partial Harbour Bridge in my background


Well, it's time to talk about the place I live. Although before this I plan to rent a house outside campus since I am not able to get on-campus accommodation, however, the reality is cruel. The real estate market in Sydney has been so competitive until one single house inspection can draw up to 60 people. The competition is so strong until I don't see the need for me to waste my time on the potential fruitless search on rental house. At this time also, Malaysia Hall offered me a permanent place to stay. Thus, I received the offer and now became a permanent resident in Malaysia Hall. Although this is not a luxurious place to live in, but given the rent is just $4 per day and breakfast plus dinner for just $7 per day, I will have quite some allowances left for me to enjoy life in Sydney. Ha ha.. Thus, give and take, one always have to lose something in order to gain something. True for my case as well.




View from my room at Malaysia Hall facing the Royal Randwick Racecourse

That's all for now.. My next post should be about Australian people..

Bye and take care..

No comments: